Friday, October 29, 2010

Sounds With Words (Part 2)

Hurlyburly- battle ( This is a word my friend gave me from the play, Macbeth.) 

   I couldn't believe it, after I got off last night, I kept thinking about the blog post I wrote and I was like, "Why did I end that there?  I had SOOO much more to write on both of the subjects!"  I talk about music, but I don't even mention what songs I like?  How lame is that!  I think I had more, I know I had more, to write about the conversation part, but sadly I forget.  Also sadly, I usually find myself thinking I'm smart enough not to write things down that I'm sure I'll remember.  Of course, when I can't remember I think I'm not so smart anymore. =P 
   Right, music.  Music can speak for you words fail.  It pumps you up, can make you cry, and can make you feel so many emotions that it would be futile to list them all.  So what music do I like?  I shall tell you!  I should say that I dislike naming "favorites" because that means I have to pick the one that I like the most and I don't like doing that, because what if I change my mind?  Which I often do, then I'll feel like I lied, and I don't want to do that.
   Taylor Swift!  I love her music!  My family now owns three of her albums- that's a big deal since we hardly ever buy cd's.  We just got Speak today!!  I'm excited.  Now my sister doesn't have to monopolize youtube's playlists; she can just have the cd in! I don't know why, maybe it's because Youtube is such a usable sources.  Some of her songs I don't like as much, but I know most of the words anyway.  To give you some examples to show that I really DO know her music: Mine, Forever and For Always, Love Story, and You Belong With Me.  I think the guys' in Mine and You Belong With Me are very cute!  And Love Story is my absolute favorite music video!  Whoever has not seen it, go watch it RIGHT NOW! 
    Owl City.  Adam Young is an absolute genius!  Fireflies, the most popular song of his, is a sensation!  I personally love Saltwater Room the best because he does a duet type thing with a girl (I don't know her).  All of his songs, while unique and usually have a different beat, tend to almost run together.  Maybe that's just how I feel about it, but sometimes it's hard for me to know which lyrics go with which songs until I've sung the whole song, or at leat a few bars.  I wish I could find his CD in stores.
     Lady Gaga. Yes, I must add her, because although she is a lot eccentric, her voice is amazing.  Have you ever listened to it without watching the video?  It's.. wonderful.  I got hooked on her from Poker Face and then.. well, most of her other one's.  They're really catchy!  I like her parts in Telephone.  Bad Romance, I think, is one of her greatest songs.  I know lots of people love her and a lot people don't.  I'm one of the people who loves her music.
      Snow Patrol.  It's all thanks to Dear John commercials that I became slightly obsessed with them.  That trailer, when it plays Set Fire To The Third Bar, it's fantastic.
     Blink 182.  My one friend keeps trying to push different music on me, this is one that has really stuck.  Some of their songs aren't the best.. but I listen to the good ones! 
      Country Music.  Now I say country music since I'm just going to list the artists which I like.  Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney, Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, Shaina Twain, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, and so many more!  But now you can be like, "wow!  She and I have music in common!"  or "Awesome!  This girl has great taste in music!" =P  True.. you could be thinking.. "Eww she likes these people?" I also like more... unfortunately Kesha (Ke$ha) with Tick Tock, Katy Perry (Hot 'n' Cold, Teenage Dream, California Girls...), and others.  It's a G-6.... haha. lol. =P 
     And of course, Disney.  Disney has the best of everything, except as I figure out as I watch them, kids movies!  Do you know how many people DIE in Disney movies?  or how SCARY they are?  It is.  They are. But I still love them! =D

   Oh yes, I have something I simply must share.  I was thinking last night (no really, I do think!)  and I came up with a slogan that suited me, I wanted to share it with, like everybody today, but I sort of forgot. haha.   Are you ready?  Are you sure? Here it is: I'm not tired until I wake up.  I know, it's amazing, right?  People who know me should say it totally is me! It explains my sleeping habits.

    Quick summary of what I found really fun today.  I went to girl scouts (yes, I am a girl scout.  I'm cool like that) and we have our meetings at the library.  Today was our halloween party, and our leaders hid 2 colors of crate paper around the library.  We had a hurlyburly within the troop!  Because we split up into teams and whoever found all 25 pieces win!  Of course our leaders semi forgot where they all were hid... so one team couldn't find them all. =D  Oh well, I had a blast doing that.  It's fun!  I can't wait to do it again! 

1 comment:

  1. I like "I am not tired till I wake up." That's true for me during the school year. I go to bed early because I know I will be really tired in the morning if I don't. Normally I am super tired anyways.

    Side comment: Down with G6!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete