coruscate KOR-uh-skayt \ , verb;
1. To give off or reflect bright beams or flashes of light; to sparkle.
2. To exhibit brilliant, sparkling technique or style.
Today has been a trying day for me. After what meager schoolwork I've done (It's a Thursday, and there's no school on Friday!) my mom took me driving. Yes, I'm a seventeen year old girl without her license. It's a fail, right? I'll blog about that all later, probably when I actually get my license. Anyway, this mother daughter expedition led us up to the college where I'm going to go to for the first two years after high school. Because, I never added this on to my worry list, but "Getting my license" is definitely on my "To-Do List". Anyway, to get some worries off of me, after we got back into town, it was time to enter "phase two" of "Doodle's (my nickname) growing up process". See, I'm too scared and too not outgoing enough to just go to a store and ask for an application, but my mommy isn't =D Moms are good for something! (joking! I know, Moms do way too much and are responsible for a lot of things). Anyway, we stopped by well, only three places.. I thought it was more than that. Three does not seem like a very uh... imposing or anything. It's actually a very small number. Oh well, three is better than it was before: one. Of course... two of them said they were not hiring... so it defeats the purpose. However! Optimism is the key! The store I managed to fill an application out for, just had some people quit, so who knows, with a little luck and a lot of prayer I may be getting a job.. what fun..
After that was all taken care of, I had to go to my Grandma's. Usually we go on Wednesdays, but my sister wanted to talk to our two (almost 3) year old cousin to study his "speech" for a school project, and she can't come up on Wednesdays because she has class. Well, because I said before I did not want to get into the whole "driving" thing, I'll have to make a short note. I haven't driven with any one other than my mother and driving instructor. Confusing story short, my mom and I were going to be driving one vehicle up to my grandma's while the rest of my family would be in the other. Hmmm, since I want this to be a true account.. I was having a headache and driving makes me tired, so.. well, *cough* I'll just say something pushed me over the edge and I basically had tears, coruscating (see! I used the word, and I can only hope it is used correctly) from the sun, all on the drive there. Oh well, as the Lion King says, it's time to put our behinds in the past.. or as the more common saying is...put our past behind us. So.. moving on...
I'm psyched for tomorrow!! First, it's a day off and then... I get to see DISNEY ON ICE!!! Albeit, I'll miss the last home football game, but ya know, I think I'll survive. This special occasion is for my sister's birthday, which is on Tuesday! My best friend is jealous. I have great expectations for this show. Skaters on the ice, coruscating (yes, I'm using the word again, hopefully correct) from the spotlights, telling my favorite Disney stories. I'm sure it will be a magical experience, or at least a memorable one! Next time or the time after that I promise I'll stop blogging about my boring life and on to more opinionated stuff like: Merlin! (great show which I can not talk too much about if I want to have enough for a blog), Runescape! (possibly, since I play it so much), Writer's Group (I'll try to post what I write on here), and whatever strikes my mind!
Sounds like a stressful, but productive day to me! I wouldn't know much about driving, but sounds like you are getting somewhere with your progress!
ReplyDeleteAlso, you signed up for a job?!!? That's super! I would have been really nervous too, you aren't the only one that feels that way. Your mom must be really brave or something ;)
Have fun at Disney on Ice! Take a picture for me or something! Haha, just kidding. Kind of.
Yep! Well, application is not "signed up for a job", it's just a possibility! Or maybe since it's not her job she's looking for, it's better. lol. haha. =P
ReplyDelete