1. An object superstitiously believed to embody magical powers.
2. The power associated with a juju.
I'm pretty sure I will make this a short blog since I'm not in the mood to write for a very long time. I might have two tomorrow depending on the circumstances, or maybe even more! haha, blogging should be the last on my list and here I am writing before anything else! That's not procrastinating at all. (that was sarcasm for people who have trouble distinguishing the difference between the two.)
There is something I did today that I do not normally do, I suppose with the unwell feeling it's no wonder I sought refuge on a couch. Since my Mom is sick too, she got to have the channel of her choice on (you know how that is, mom is always right), and what do moms watch? News, at least that is what my mom usually watches. Most of the news was boring, but I couldn't sleep, so I listened and here are some things I learned.
1. It seems that girls in Texas are starting a trend where they do not wear make-up on Tuesdays to make the word "beauty" have more meaning or something. I, personally, commend those girls. Make-up is much too popular these days with girls. The "natural look" is not so popular anymore. Some of the girls I see have dark eyeshadow and.. well, let's just say it does not look natural at all. I don't even wear a lot of make-up, or any sometimes, unless it's for special occasions. I do see why people like it, and feel that they can not live without it. It's like wearing heels, there's just something about it that makes you feel more powerful or something.
2. The "Call Me Senator" thing, if I got it right. It is hilarious. There's a short film mocking Barbara Boxer for asking a Brigadier General to call her Senator. It's written and directed by David Zucker that he says is his apology on behalf of Big Government. Brigadier General is talking to her and they calls her "Ma'am" and she says "Do me a favor," she said, "could say 'senator' instead of 'ma'am?' It's just a thing, I worked so hard to get that title, so I'd appreciate it, yes, thank you." The short film is blows the whole thing out of proportion in a funny (but mocking) way. http://www.politico.com/blogs/anneschroeder/0609/Barbara_Boxer_Call_me_senator.html is where you can find the real exchange. The short film can be viewed here: http://www.rightchange.com/ I recommend watching the real version first and then the funny one.
3. Debt. Everywhere you go is debt. Since that is a short one, I'll add on this other one: Government and Bills. I don't pay too much attention to the going-ons everywhere, but I do know that we need to shape up otherwise money is going to be nonexistent, for us people that is. And, why sign Bill that you don't read? That is just wrong!
That's it, I think, plus my keyboard is all wack. Since I haven't used the word yet, here it is. Halloween is a time for juju! Not my best... but it will have to do.
Since I don't get the chance you correct YOUR grammar that often, I have to take the chance. Even though you are sick, so grammar mistakes should be allowed. "I might have two." Should be to! Yay! Correction.
ReplyDeleteI also saw that video on the girls that don't wear make up on Tuesday. I thought it was for a food cause but really, one day a week? I don't wear makeup how many days of the week? (7...) Plus makeup is hardly a problem, compared to other problems teenage girls have.