As I sit here by the computer screen I'm aware of many different things. 1. My feet are tired. 2. My eyes are drooping. 3. My ears are ringing (well.. not really, but it goes with the theme I'm getting at) 4. My head is pounding. 5. My stomach is close to making noise. 6. My hair smells of hairspray. 7. My mind is full of happenings of tonight. 8. I can't get songs out of my head. What does all of that add up to? A dance! Homecoming to be exact! (some of you may be wondering how I can go to school dances even though I'm homeschooled.. and well, it's easy! I make one of my friends get me a form from the office, I fill it out, make my friend turn it in, give money so someone can buy me a ticket, and then join a group and wa-la!)
This years' theme was: Spooktacular. The decorations were very nice (way better than last year). They had spiderwebs everywhere, tombstones, a knight cut-out, a black and white old fashion stairway, and a picture of a haunted house, and there were more I just don't remember. I had a blast getting pictures taken with the decor. (There was a poster of a knight in shining armour. Enough said.) The music, as always, was ear-splitting close to the DJ (and anywhere else..). Unlike last year, I got a seat in the auditorium for the homecoming court! Like last year... I didn't have my ticket =D but we had enough time to stop by and get it.
Oh yes, I should tell you a little about my group. I went with eight girls- one was my sister-(no guys, we were all dateless- except for each other [it's cheaper to buy tickets with someone else]). How ever, Girls Just Wanna Have Funn-n-n and we don't need guys to achieve that! Women can be independent! Yes, I might have gotten a wee bit jealous of people with dates. But... really, the stuff people count as "dancing"... it's obnoxious! I wouldn't want a guy to take me to a dance unless he would actually promise to dance (the real dancing, maybe a waltz, or salsa.. or at least better than er grinding. =/)
Now, what else should I say about it? That I had a fabulous time and I didn't want it to end? I don't know what people really want to hear about it. The German exchange students went and let me tell you, there are some fineeee looking men in Germany. I don't speak German though =( I would be too shy to talk to them anyway. Oh well. There were no Lady Gaga songs that I heard (but my group was 'fashionably late' and left 10 minutes before 11 [I know, it's not even 12! Even Cinderella had the chance to stay out that late.]) The DJ did feel that Miley Cyrus's Party In the USA was dance worthy enough, unfortunately. I've a bad prejudice with her. I love doing the Dance Party ones. (everybody clap your hands!) and this other one that has a dance to it... it goes like to the left x4, to the right x4, kick right, kick left...
All in all though, I almost felt like a princess. More 70s girl though because of my dress: black with white poke-a-dots, knee length, high waist, and a sweetheart made square neckline. I wore my hair down in a somewhat curled do with a black with white poke-a-dot flower in my hair. I say somewhat curled because my family saves money by doing our hair at home and somehow I don't think we get the same results, but it works out.
Okay, now for the pet peeves of going to dances.
1. It costs way too much for everything. Girls need a dress, shoes, accessories, a stylist, make-up, money for going out to eat, and, of course, a ticket. This year it cost $22 dollars for a couple. That's $11 dollars if you split it, and going by yourself is more (I don't know the actual number, probably $12 or $13). They sold over 500 tickets I heard (it's not confirmed but I think so) So, 500 * $11 = 5,500. I know DJ's cost a lot, but I don't know how much. I know decorations can add up, and I also know that making a profit is good, still... everything adds up.
2. Like I said, the actual dancing people do. I've read books (here I go about books again) where when people went to dances they had a dance card and they actually had to dance. As in, it was all uniformed and everybody knew the steps to music. A reel, waltz, tango to name a few, and I'm devastated that people don't really dance like that anymore. That people would look weird if they did it.
3. What people wear. Now, I'm not trying to criticize people too much, but I am a Catholic and all, and modesty is something people should take into account. If you're skinny enough to wear something skimpy, then you should be skinny enough to appreciate your body without showing off skin. I mean really, would it hurt to have a dress longer than a shirt?
4. The music. Yes, we all like having a good beat to songs, but we can deal without some songs. This year wasn't that bad though, I just felt like I had to mention it.
Well, I am sooo tired, my eyes are crying to stay closed, but I still need to wash out all my hair product!
No comments:
Post a Comment