Sunday, October 24, 2010

Car-Rides

(I know this title is a little misleading because it's not all about carrides, but I had no idea what to name it, and I did not want to leave it untitles, so there it is!)  Now that I think of it, I kind of remember that I know what this word means, oh well!  Here it is!
con·ster·na·tion
   [kon-ster-ney-shuhn] 
–noun
a sudden, alarming amazement or dread that results in utter confusion; dismay.  
     First of all, I must say I'm sorry I did not make a blog yesterday, and I tell you why.  After supper, I had friends over, and who blogs when your friends are over?  Can you say, "How rude!" or what.  We were having so much fun that one friend did not get home until 12!  To top it further, I played ping-pong with my brother for like half an hour, and then watched TV shows on the computer with my sister.. so, as you can see, it did not leave me enough time to blog.  I was totally zonked when I went to sleep.
    Now, this morning, my sister woke me up earlier than I wanted to: like 12. I know, not that early, but when I go to bed at 4... it tends to get early.  Plus, I think I am getting sick because my sister was sick, my brother is recovering from the cold, and it's just spreading through the whole family! My sister said I had to get up because.. we were going to take pictures!  Fall is a really pretty time because of the changing leaves.  Yet, to my consternation, it seemed almost a dreary type of day.  The leaves were all light brown and yellowish, there were hardly any vibrant crimson colors or oranges.  Still, we got some really nice pictures.  However much I would love to post them, there's the whole privacy issue.  I'm sorry! I will describe some of my favorite ones. 
     My family went down to the park, where there are a few trees, and my sisters and I poked our heads out of the tree.  Another one was when all of us girls each had a tree in a line and then poked our heads out.  They're really neat, and if you ever need a picture with siblings or with friends..and you have trees, then I definitely recommend that pose.
    
     There is something else I want to talk about, and it's a totally different subject so I made an extra space between them to show you the difference!  See how nice I am? =D  Sorry, anyway.. I want to talk about car rides.  Why?  Because I have had an inkling to talk about them.  Plus, I also was in the car today... a lot of times actually.  And I have a list (which I am forming right now) about what makes a good car ride!
   1.  The people you are with.  Yep, that is the biggest one.  If you don't like the people who are in the same car, then the ride will most likely be not fun.  If you are uncomfortable with the people in the car, then it will be an uncomfortable ride.  If you do like the people, then it should be a fantastic trip!  There is different types of trips though, ones with a lot of people and ones with one or two.  Both are good for different reasons.  Like, I love car rides when it's just me and someone close to my age, or someone I really like, like my sisters or my best friend!  There is just a closeness in the car that is not there anywhere else.  And, with a group, say your family or something, it's nice because then it's full of jokes or something light, or it could be serious.
   2.  The radio station.  Now, I know not everyone has the radio on, and it increases the risks for an accident, but the radio station and what songs are playing really determine the mood for the car.  If it's one of your favorite songs, then you can sing aloud with the radio and I find that fun.  If it's a song that you personally do not really like... then you have to try to fill the car with conversation or listen to the song.  Personally, I would choose conversation.
   3.  How long the trip takes.  The length of trips vary all the time, and some lengths are better with certain people at certain times of day, etc.  Today, I wished I had longer to go because I was with people I like and I did not want to end that.  Other times it's like you've been in the car too long and you start getting tired of it.
  4.  The type of car you're in.  While the previous ones deal with the mood of the car, this deals with the comfort.  If the vehicle is too small, you can bet you would want to spend as little amount of time in the car as possible.  Leg room and elbow room is usually require for a more pleasant journey.  I do not know about you, but if you're too close to someone, and you accidentally hit them, tempers can rise pretty fast.
     I think that is it for my list, but I also think I am missing one.  If there's anything else to enhance your driving experience, please feel free to comment it!  I also know that some people get car sick and some do not like car rides, I however, am not one of those people. =D
    On another note, I've so many things to be doing that i should not even be blogging or on the computer!  I have to keep planning my Halloween party (which is SUNDAY!), write a story for writer's group (which is Tuesday!), finish my book (because I love reading, and I have to finish the Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien because that's a bookclub book for Wednesday!), say a decade of the rosary (since everyone needs to pray), keep studying math (that's boring, but I need to work on it), make sure my teeth are all nice for the dentist tomorrow (I very much dislike going to the dentist), and I really want to play runescape! (but that will take forever since I don't like to get off of it, especially if people I like to talk to is on).  So, wow, I have a ton of things to do and so little time to do it!

1 comment:

  1. Your title isn't really misleading since you did end up talking about carrides! And I feel like responding about them, because I actually do enjoy a good road trip every once and awhile.
    Unlike you, I don't really like the radio that much. So I would substitute that part for an ipod or CDs. Comfy cars/vans are nice, the van we go on trips in is alright.
    I almost never have awesome people to be in the car with for long hours though! That's why I always have to have tons of books to entertain myself!

    ReplyDelete