Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Worries

    Everyone has worries, or at least they do if they choose to.  Here are the things I most worry about:
1.  Going to Hell, yes, that is at the top of my worry list since it really should be top priority.  Sometimes I wonder why I worry about anything else or do anything else besides praying and getting closer to God.  Why I find myself slinking back into the modern world and then human nature takes over.  I keep reading about Saints and what you're supposed to do as a Catholic, and I can't help but ask myself: I'm I living a Catholic life?  (Yes, I know, no one is perfect) Still...we're all on this earth to go to Heaven..
2.  Now, these aren't in any particular order anymore, really, but two is to Get A JOB.  I haven't really looked places.. or sent my application in to more than one place which probably won't hire me since I haven't been hired yet.  My dream job would be able to work in a Young Adult section for a library or bookstore.  I'm that much of a bookfanatic.  Or.. to read books and then tell people if they're good or not, but I don't think a teenager will be hired.  Almost everyday I tell myself I'll go somewhere and ask for an application, but then.. I don't.  I don't really like it when people know my business, even my family.  Especially my family.  Yet I don't know how I'll get enough motivation or courage to even get an application, and then I don't know exactly how to fill it out..
3.  To do well in College.  I know I shouldn't worry about it, because.. well, I haven't even started it.  I just can't help it!  I've never been to a real school where it actually counts- okay, homeschooling counts, but this is where you can't take an extra day to study for a test.  My sister and brother have been doing fine, but I have always thought they were smarter than me anyway.  Plus, they get almost straight A's and such.. and I'm horrible at getting 100%'s.  My memory is completely blank when it comes to tests. which brings me to...
4.  Hopefully, to get a better score the next time I take the ACT.  No, I did not do horrible my first time: I got a 25, which is 80% in the United States.  Which isn't that good but neither is it that bad.  My goal (I don't even like setting goals, but I am for this!) is to achieve a 27.  That's my minimal goal, I really want a 28 or 29.. or higher =D 
5.  To like my major in college...and that I'll be able to deal with it.  I want a degree in Nursing, but I don't know what field or anything.  I'm terrified that I won't be able to remember it all, and there is such a lot to know! 
6.  Wow, I can't believe I'm running out of worries this soon.. at least the important ones that sometimes keep me from falling asleep at times.  Here's another one though: That I won't find The One. Yes, the man who I am meant to love.
    Ha, If I have to think of one it's probably not that important, so I guess my list stops there.  I know there's a dozen worries aday. (Did I get something stuck in my teeth?  Did I just step in that?  I didn't mean to say that...  What happened to...?)  Some worries are more important than others. 
      I've something else to share about worrying.  My friend just told me yesterday that he doesn't really worry anymore.  Of course, I was shocked.  I can not wrap my head around not having to worry.  That would probably be great for the forehead wrinkles and the gray hair, but I don't see me ever doing that.  I know, I know.  What does worrying ever do besides make you age faster?  Nothing.  The worry is still going to be there, but if tears can have a reason (they relieve stress and also protect your eyes) then doesn't worrying also have a purpose?  Probably not... if I knew how to make myself not worry.. I'd try it, but saying does not make it so.  I think to myself "don't worry about that" and I see what happens, but it still is there.  The closest I can get is to put it out of my mind and try to forget about it, but most worries are not resolved by doing nothing.  =/  Of course, maybe I am the only one who feels like this.  Everyone is different.
      I do know that everything will be alright in the end and it will work out somehow or another if it is supposed to happen.  I really believe that.  God will take care of it all, I have no doubt about it, so why then do I have worries...? 

No comments:

Post a Comment