Saturday, October 23, 2010

Magic Moments

e·phem·er·al  [ih-fem-er-uhl] 
–adjective
1. lasting a very short time; short-lived; transitory: the ephemeral joys of childhood.
2. lasting but one day: an ephemeral flower.
–noun
3. anything short-lived, as certain insects.

This picture is NOT from Disney On Ice,
it is actually
 one taken from Downtown Disney.


 
     This is the blog you've been waiting for: Classic DISNEY PRINCESS'S ON ICE!  Sadly, my brother was sick so he did not get to come, but that meant my friend got to come!  This was for my sister's birthday, an early birthday gift though.  The show was amazing!!  It took a while for us to find our seats, but when we did, then we were ready for the Disney Magic.  I had seen two ice shows that I remember: Beauty and the Beast and High School Musical.  They were both spectacular. 
     Back to tonight, there were all these little girls dressed as their favorite princess's.  It made me smile, when you're young like that, everything is magical.  I think it sort of rubbed off on me a little.  I even wore my Tinkerbell shirt to be in the festive mood.  The excitement was with me all through the show!  It made me want to go to Disneyworld so bad!   In the lobby there were picture spots with Minnie and Micky and I saw a plastic Cinderella for pictures as well.  The prices for food and such were extraordinary. $7 for a box of popcorn =(  needless to say, we did not get any souvenirs except for the ticket, which was not even that cool!  It did not have a picture of a princess or anything, neither was there a pamphlet, which would have been another memento to add to the collection.

Aladdin on the carpet and Genie

    The show started out with Tinkerbell, of course, but the first princess was Princess Jasmine =D  and there was a huge lamp.  Aladdin and Jasmine even rode on a magic carpet! 
     Then there was Sleeping Beauty, Ariel- the fish costumes were amazing!, Mulan, Snow White- they had all the seven dwarfs, who were adorable!, and then Belle.  They all had an ephemeral amount of time to tell their story.  They only skimmed the highlights, and at least some of a song or two from every movie.  That only took about an hour, and for a while I thought that would be it.  That Cinderella would never show, and it would be over, but of course, there was intermission!  I was like *whew*  more Princess's or at least Princess. 
     At first I could not believe that the whole second act was about Cinderella so I kept trying to think of the other princess's.  I actually thought a quite a few, but alas, it was all about Cinderella. The beginning of the second half is my favorite.  I don't know the name for them, but these royal guards or something from Cinderella came out all spiffy-like and did an awesome sequence!  Then the ice skaters made the magic of the fairytale with the evil stepmother and her two stepsisters, and of course, the prince.  The mice also made an appearance.  Who am I forgetting?  I think it starts with three words: Bippity Boppity, Boo!  That's right, the Fairy Godmother.  Cinderella rushed off to the ball in her pumpkin-made carriage where she was the fairest of them all.  Mmm mmm so this is love.. yes, I was in love with the show. 
     The shoe fit just right, and they lived happily ever after.  The ending sequence was really neat.  All the princes and princess's came out in wedding gear, which means all white. Even the one that started it all, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, were in their wedding attire.  That, my friends, was Disney Magic. =D  

 I don't really know what made Cinderella so special to have her whole story told, and if I were the other princess's, I'd be having some jealousy.  But that is besides the point, the show made me want to watch the movies, I still do.  In case you have not noticed, I am a Disney freak =D 
   The clock struck midnight, oh wait!  I'm still stuck on the story, but still, I was sad to leave, and no prince ran out to me to see if the slipper fit.  However, the show had a fairytale ending. 



   Now, I think the next time they do this, they should add Princess and the Frog (she IS a princess, you know), and I think if they can add Mulan then they should add Hercules, maybe even the Hunchback, and Pocahontas.  Or maybe they should just do a whole Disney Show, with all of them, who cares if you're a princess or not?

Oh yeah, I wanted to say that their costumes were wonderful!  And that scenes can really come alive with just a few props.
(This is my favorite blog so far =D) Psst, sorry if the pictures are blurry.  I would have liked to get some with the skaters/actors, but I do not think that was feasible.  I wish now that I had taken more; they're so pretty! It makes me want to be a skater, not like that is every going to happen.. but a dream is a wish your heart makes... and one day your rainbow will come smiling through.. a dream that you wish will come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment