Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sounds With Words

Plethora  pleth·o·ra

[pleth-er-uh]
1. overabundance; excess: a plethora of advice and a paucity of assistance.
2. Pathology Archaic . a morbid condition due to excess of red corpuscles in the blood or increase in the quantity of blood.
 
       Why did I title this blog "sounds with words" rather than just "music"?  I can't tell you, I felt like it.   I don't really want to be totally obvious what the blog is going to be about.  Well, I do, but just in a special way.  So I suppose I should get to the topic rather than giving a plethora amount of excuses or reasons.  Right, so music.  Now, I love music just like any other person, but there is some music that I can not abide.  Like, I don't know what the correct term is but I call it screaming since that is what it sounds like.  Who wants to listen to people scream?  No one!  It's annoying and loud and it makes me cringe.  Does anyone else feel like this?  That a otherwise good song is ruined, yes RUINED! when someone screams in the backround.  So why do people like this?  I honestly can not tell you.  The one friend I asked told me that he did not used to like it, but now he does.  He didn't tell me why.  All he said is that he likes the difference, the craziness of it all, but I have yet to make a reasonable answer.  Is there an answer?   I don't know that answer either.  Maybe it all happened like in the book by Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead.  This one man writes a play, and it's completely worthless, and this other guy thinks it's perfect.  Perfect for the destruction of literature.  He writes a review telling everybody how wonderful it is, and when the people go to see it, they too say it's wonderful.  Why?  Because everybody was a mirror reflection each other's opinions so when one says it's the "best play ever" other people rave about how they just saw the spectacular show.  So maybe one person just started screaming and then another one said it was "great" so people forgot how to think for themselves and have just called it "great" since?  I don't mind stating my opinion so that's why I don't think it's great.  I would love to give you a link to a song, but however I can not since any I choose has minimum screaming in it since I dislike it so much and that won't really get my point across if you can stand a little.
    Another one is... rap.  Rapping is not singing.  It is merely words being sad fast.  I don't know why this was invented or why people think it sounds nice in lyrics before the chours.  I don't feel like getting these links, but there is two people who I think excell at this rapping thing because they are really funny, and if you feel like looking them up, you should do so!  They are:  Dave Days (who is an amazing guy and has awesome videos) when he has a parody version of Miley Cyrus's "Party in the USA."  You simply MUST watch the video.  And there's Charlieissocoollike (I hope I got that right.  I haven't been paying too much attention to him, but my friend mentioned him before and so one night I just watched like 10 episodes-er videos- that he made)  when his challenge is to "rap"  It's hilarous.  In that video he says he'll never rap again, I hope he doens't stick to that.
        I can't really think of more that I completey hate, but are there any others that you dislike immensely?  Plus, I've stayed up too late again, and I'm not even ready for bed yet.  Aren't I smart? Haha, I know.  It's just that... whenever I'm talking to people, especially my friends who I like, it's veryyy hard (almost impossible) for me to leave first (when there's no other reason that I have to go to bed), if we're talking.  Ya know sometimes how you get awkward silences?  Well, I hate those, and the best way to get rid of them... is to leave!  I know, it's horrible, but it's true.  So when all you have is talking, and it's interesting and you just love spending time with that person/s then... haha I can hardly believe it when we stop.  It kind of has a draw back.  If you talk like that too much, a tete a tete, then when there is silence and you can not come up with anything, it's very disappointing.  Or when the other signs off.  Very sad, even if you are remembering and smiling at the conversation you just shared.  Haha, so I guess that's it for this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Charlie!
    But Davedays like Hannah/Miley. If you have seen the other ones!
    I also agree about the music you don't like.
    The correct word you are looking for, I believe, is screamo.

    ReplyDelete