word count: 14,634
personal goal: 16,000
1,667 times 8 (minimum goal): 13,336
So, I know. I didn't blog yesterday even though I had time to. Or at least I could have made time, but I didn't. I have no idea why. I think because I take too much time blogging. Blogging, for me at least, I should just write it up quickly. But nooo, I have to multitask and everybody knows when you multitask you get things done in twice the amount it takes it to (then again, you're getting twice as much work done- at least that is the idea.) Plus, I like multitasking. I love the concept of using my time to the best of its abilities. Of course, usually my multitasking doesn't involve solving world hunger or anything. Like, right now I'm blogging (obviously), talking to friends- you know you who are!, writing more of my nanowrimo story (still another 1.4k before I'm happy), and being on runescape (not doing anything, I'm just waiting to see if friends log on)! Oh yeah, and I'm trying to find where I can watch House online since I missed it tonight!
Today, since I don't know what else to talk about, I went to school. It was a little funny, last night my mom told my sister and I that we were going to get up at 8:30. But it wasn't until 9 when my mother came in to wake us up, of course.. we fell asleep, but I don't like to talk about how lazy I am, still! Then she went to the store, and when she got back, her friend was here. So, she comes into our room (yes, I share, unfortunately with my sister), and tells us to get up. She's frantic because she doesn't like it when people know we aren't up yet, I don't really like it either, that's why I say, "Don't ask, don't tell."
Then I went to a computer and I did some anatomy preping (I should do more... ), and then I finished taking a practice ACT test. =( I did horrible. Well, okay, I didn't do horrible, but I did not do better. I only got a 23. I did worse than on my real test in everything except English, which stayed the same. My 'target score is a 28, so that's a ways to go. It's all, well not all... but they ask stupid questions and in stupid forms. It's like, if they really want to test us, why not have a test we can actually pass? True, if it was too easy, what would the point of taking it be? We'd all be genius's or something. My first reaction was to take another test. (That's usually my answer. If I fail something, I want to do it again [or give up] and jump ride in. I do not want to spend time looking at my problems and then studying and fixing them. I know, I just want to find the quickest way possible. The thing is though... it's not easy and it's not quick. I sometimes think that I won't be able to really remember the stuff if I learn it anyway. So what's the point? Learn it so when you see the question you can think, I know this! I just... can't remember it! ? No, I don't want to do it.
Well, after that, which took a while, it was basically time to leave for this Girl Scout thing. Well, it's not even a girl scout thing because it was both girl scouts AND boy scouts. I guess people want to do more things together as a group. Well, we (my mom, my sister, my best friend, and her mom) got there right on time, but the boy scouts weren't there yet! So we could not even start, and that was a half hour of doing nothing. It would have been horrible had I not have had my friend, and in all fairness, my sister there to keep me company. He, the guy who gave the presentation (when he finally arrived), seemed very interested in combining the two forces. Now, I think his power point was a little long. He even had a quiz! I won't tell you my score =P. Anyway, it was a big thing about how boy scouts uphold the same values as girl scouts and they do service projects, we do service projects, so why haven't the two ever done stuff together? I suppose that is a fair point, and I have not really realized that. I thought since we were girls, we stick together and boys stuck together. Yeah, that's kind of genderizing, but it's not like we can have campouts together (I so do not want people to take that sentence the wrong way). But now, if we can set up dates to work together somewhere, I think it'll be okay, maybe even fun. The only thing I'm worried about is that things take FOREVER to set up. We had a meeting to set up a meeting to work together. Now, I don't know about you, but we don't need that many meetings in our lives. I may, since I'm a kid and think that A+B=C and adults tend to have A+meeting+meeting+organize+meeting+meeting+B+meeting+meeting=C. That probably was a bit mean and exaggerated. I apologize.
Then we went out to eat and then I'm home and now I'm thinking of all the things I should be doing! I dislike that feeling. The feeling in your gut that just climbs and climbs until you're almost paralyzed with things that need to get done. Of course, Do! Don't Dread. Take a deep breath, let it out and calm yourself. Most of the things I want/need to do, I'm unable (I don't mean incapable, just unable because I'm too scared, don't have enough motivation, or busy doing things that I don't have to do) to do. This is when I wish a fairy godmother, or a wish upon a star will come true and do it all for me. However, God helps those who helps themselves. I know what I should start doing! I should start having a nice, motivational quote or inspiration quote! Too bad that sometimes I feel too lazy to open another page to look things up, even if looking something up will only take 5-10 minutes.
Does anyone know how much time they spend wasting the day away? I don't! I try not to, but to put it in a perspective (mine, I am writing the blog after all). It takes roughly 5 minutes to say a decade of the rosary (Now I know people may not know what this is. It's a prayer instrument, Father John Corapi calls it a weapon in the spirit battle, that Catholics use to get closer to God. That still isn't really explaining it. Oh well!). It takes about 15 minutes to say one rosary. Most Catholics probably don't say one once a day (I don't even say one once a day usually- although I do say like 2 on some days), but why? Is it because 15 minutes is so hard to come by? Right now, well, I don't know when I started this blog, but it probably has been at least 15 minutes, so I could have said a rosary. A show normally takes 1/2 hr to an hour, depending on what type of show it is. That means I could have said 2 or 4, respectively during that time. So basically, people find time to do all sorts of things (school, study, work, play, watch tv, exercise.. etc.) but how many of these things really matter?
What things matter in the long run? Will it matter if you watched all of the Smallville episodes when you're 30? Probably not. Will it matter if you reached 99 in all of your skills on runescape? Most likely not. Will it matter what you and your friend talked about today? Well, depending on how old you and she is, probably not. Will it even matter if you studied for your English test? It might help you, but I don't think so. Will this blog matter? I don't know why I threw this question in here, but I did. I say no, I might be proven wrong one day. Will it matter what I write for writer's group (which is tomorrow!)? I want to say yes for this question. Hopefully writing the 'suggested assignments' will help me to be a better writer which skills I can use for English or college papers, every day life, and maybe one day for an author.
I think I talked about enough for one day, or for two (since I did not write one yesterday)!
I know I made mistakes in there, too lazy to go back and edit. So I'm just going to say that it's "jump RIGHT in" not ride. and "boys STICK together" not stuck. Thanks for suffering through that probably uninteresting blog!
ReplyDelete