Tuesday, November 23, 2010

5-Minute Blog (but will take more than that to read unless you're a speedy reader)

wordcount:34,639
wordgoal:38,341
soo that equals... a lot of work: 3,702.. and that's before I fall asleep..
This is literally going to take 5 minutes since I really need to get my act together and write.  lol. And, I can still make a long enough blog because I already typed up what I'm going to post!  No, I did not like, sit here and write up a blog and then saved it (without posting it).  I'm just going to post my story which I did not read aloud in AAA.  Why?  One, because I did not really felt like it went with the prompt (Where you write a dramatic scene where you're senseless- get it? Like, you can't see/hear/touch/taste/smell.).  I know prompts are just to get you writing, but I couldn't help it.  Plus, I felt it was bad and I do not really care if I post something bad on here. =P

                Six men.  The observation came from a tall, somewhat unkept man named Maurd.  They’re carrying something heavy.  Outside of the warehouse in the middle of nowhere came the footsteps of men as they tried to tread stealthily through the gravel.  To the lone man inside, their footsteps could have been gunshots from all the noise they were unaware of making.  Their breathing came in short, easy to hear, breaths.  Their shoes fell on rocks and twigs which gave a distinct sound.  The man at the back of the group was even worse, giving the suggestion that he was the one bringing the package or something which slowed him down.
                Idoits.  Maurd thought with disgust.  They make their best fighter have an extra burden?  The rugged man was not going to complain too much, but an even fight was difficult to come by.
                “Why did we bring it with us?´ A rough voice spoke in a whisper from outside.  It must be what they are carrying.  Maurd deduced, straining his ears to hear the reply.
                “Shh!”  Another man hissed.  “Just do as you are told.”  They had almost reached Maurd’s hideout.  Their perimeter was in place.  Only a couple of more feet until they were right outside.  How will they get inside?  Maurd wondered curiously.  If they were Bullboys, as he suspected, then they would plow right through the thin walls.  I hope they don’t cave it in.  He was not particularly worried however.
                Maurd positioned himself in the middle of the unlit room.  They men were attacking at night.  Stupid people, he thought.  There was a crash and Maurd, who had once been alone, was not surrounded.  The intruders yelled intending to confuse, frighten and intimate their opponents, but Maurd cast it aside.  There was a heavy *twack* on the floor as if an object had been thrown. 
                The Bullboys all charged at once, their sharp swords unmistakably aiming for Maurd’s heart.  With some fancy maneuvering on Maurd’s part, the men found that they had taken out two of their own men and no Maurd.  While their confusion turned to anger, Maurd attacked, his piercing sword cutting two men down mercilessly.
                Now it was two against one, still hardly a fair fight for the intruders.  Maurd was not in the mood for being forgiving, struck the second to last Bullboy with his lightning reflects.
                And now there was one.  The two fighters circled trying to seize an opening.  Maurd used his familiarity of the battle ground to make the man, who was too busy calculating to pay attention to the surroundings, trip.  The man rolled and would have been standing in an instant if Maurd’s blade had not gotten to him first.
                Now, for the package.  When he had been fighting, Maurd had kept all thoughts on the fight, but now he could focus on other things.  However, when the warrior inspected the spot where he thought the package was, there was nothing.
                “Ahh,” he spoke aloud.  The package had been a person.  “I know you are here,” he said.  “I will find you,” he promised.  Maurd turned his head slowly with his eyes closed in an effort to help his ears focus on any anomaly.  There, he thought in a corner of the room.  There was slightly heavy, fear-ridden breathing coming from the back wall.  He walked toward it, moving gracefully across the cluttered floor.  As he reached the hunched figure, his sword swung out in a unforgiving blow, but it was halted before it could make contact.
                “You’re a girl,” he said incredulously.
                “Of course I am,” she said not understanding why that should save her, or cause such shock.
                “Why are you here?” he asked.
                “I was kidnapped by these men,” she held her tied hands up to show him, but he did not react in any way.  “Aren’t you going to cut me loose?”
                “I’m sorry?  You’re tied up?”  He sounded confused.
                The girl’s eyes furrowed in puzzlement; her hands, and the rope binding them, was in plain sight.  “Yes,” she rose to her feet, a bit difficult without the use of her hands. 
Maurd heard her walk toward him and wondered why.  Then he felt a breeze by his face and quick as a whip, caught her arm.  His fingers felt the rough, uneven rope and said, “I see.” Before releasing her.
“How can you see when your hair is in the way?”  She parted his dirty, blonde hair before he could stop her again.  His eyes were light blue, the kind of eyes that lacked a certain something.  “You’re blind!” she gasped surprised.
“Yes,” he did not sound offended by her frank outburst.
“But I saw what you did to these men,” her eyes roamed over all of the fallen.  “How is it possible?”
“One does not need eyes to see,” he said simply.
So, there you go!  That is my 5-minute blog.  Enjoy!

P.S. COMING SOON: On DISNEY MOVIES- like why Disney wants to stop making Princess movies because they do not get enough of a variety of audiance..
P.S.S. Also Coming Soon: Why some people can be better bloggers than others. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment