Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Unstoppable

wordcount: 26,793
wordgoal: 28,000 (I know this was yesterday's I think.)

This probably should have been yesterday's, but oh well.  I did get to see the movie Unstoppable on Sunday  It made me very happy.  The movie stars Chris Pine and Denzel Washington, about a train whose conductor gets off a train which turns into a moving missile.  It is intense and I loved it!  =D 
   *Spoiler alert*  The thing I didn't like the movie, or rather the commercials, is that it set you up thinking "Oh my gosh!  The kids on the school bus are going to die unless Chris Pine and Denzel Washington sacrifice themselves for the ones they love!  But they didn't.  There was one death, but it was none of the main characters.  In fact, I was really disappointed.  I mean, I loved it that they did not die- who wants to see Denzel or Chris die?  But I was totally ready to cry.  Throughout the whole movie I was just waiting for a death.  I was actually making up scenario's about how they would die whenever the opportunity presented itself.  Like, when Chris Pine is making the pin drop and his foot gets smashed, I thought he would be trapped and die there.. or he would die from loss of blood.  Since that didn't happen, it was a little sad.  Plus, the ending was just that, an ending.  It wasn't a great ending.  The whole movie was about the train and then, when that was over. 

Since I'm talking about movies, I might as well as talk about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1).  I'm going to try to go to the Midnight Showing!  Although, don't get mad at me, I'm not THAT big of an Harry Potter fan, at least movie wise (besides the first two).  I mean, I love the books (although I think Rowling just killed a lot of people in the last one so she wouldn't have any material to write another book), but movies just don't cut it for me.  I'm picky like that, but I love midnight showings. =D  That's why I went to the Eclipse movie, although that (in my opinion) has been the best movie so far.  Although, I might not be going to the midnight showing anymore since my mom wants to go (I know, I know, but it's her birthday weekend!) and she doesn't like crowded places.  I should reread the 7th book before thursday.. =D oh well!  I bet that more people like Harry Potter than a lot of other books/movies.

Something that's not about movies.. is books!  Tomorrow I'm going to bookclub tomorrow!  This one is going to be about A Wrinkle In Time.  I want to watch the movie now.  Have you read it?

Avatar: The Last Airbender.  Yes, I need to clarify because Avatar has been taken over by the blue people.  Now I love the movie Avatar, I thought it was really good and interesting.  Of course, I was completely shocked that they had the right to steal the title.  I thought Avatar (the cartoon) had rights to it?  But, when they didn't, they had to add on "The Last Airbender".  I used to not like Avatar (the cartoon- this is going to get annoying), but I tolerated it.  I saw the real life movie, and it was.. erm.. I didn't like it as I mentioned in another blog. 

My story.  I keep adding onto this blog because.. I'm procrastinating writing.  I get bored with my story and I don't know where it is going, although I just sparked it up a little.  It's an commitment issue, and that I'm usually watching a show online when I'm doing it.  Hint: not a good idea, because I know I get twice as much work done when I'm not, but I love watching shows!  Blah, only 23,207 words to go.. yay!

1 comment:

  1. I read the spoilers. :D
    I remember you saying you wanted to see that movie! I am trying to remember what I was doing on Sunday because if you were seeing the movie that means I wasn't texting you or talking on aim. So I am trying to see if I remember not having someone to talk to ;D
    But I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete