wordcount: 21,083
wordgoal: 24,000 (yay...)
Okay, so today I had no really plans for tonight, but that changed (cheers!). My friend invited me to go to the highschool's charity basketball game where it was the seniors vs the teachers. Now, I know I don't go to school there, but it wasn't that bad. I knew some people there, but it was a light crowd which really surprised me because who wouldn't want to see their teachers playing ball against the seniors? Who would have thought that the teachers were actually really good and almost won (they were winning for basically all of the game.) There was this one really tall teacher, and he was making most of the scores. Watching the game I was like, "Hey, that doesn't look too hard..." basically you run, catch the ball, shoot it to either a teammate or the basket and then you try to make sure the other team doesn't score. Of course, I know there's a lot more than that involved. Still, I think it's entertaining.
After that was over, I watched the Last Airbender. I have heard that this movie was bad, and I must say that (although I have not seen all the episodes), it was bad. It was quite funny, actually in a bad, sad way. I know animated characters are very hard to turn into live ones, but still, there are some things you can do to make even the worst of characters better. Do you want to know how? You could get the pronunciation right on the names. Aang (like boomerANG) and Sokka. Anyone who has seen the show knows how to pronounce their names, the story writers must not have.. since they said Aaang differently and Sokka. Plus, I did not like all of the actors.. and really, their airbending looked a lot more like yoga than anything else. Still, it wasn't that bad of a movie.
Then there was Avalon High, yes the Disney channel movie. I haven't seen it all yet since I came in when it was about halfway over, and it reminded me so much of Merlin! =D It also reminded me of the movie called "O", it's the movie which is based on Othello. I would totally want a "friend burger" with Will! =D Yes, I think he's adorable.
What else should I talk about before this blog is long enough? Oh yes! Unstoppable, has anyone seen the trailer for that? I have, it has Chris Pine and Denziel Washington in it. It looked amazing! So, I wanted to see that tonight with my family, but a third of my family had to work, so we didn't. But then, my friend I know who wanted to see Megamind went and saw it! AND, get this, so did my parents! My parents have done this once before when they went and saw Toy Story 3 without us kids!
ACT prepping is hard. I know, the writers for the books try their best, but they can not help you all the time. They can give you strategies and practice, but it's one thing to learn it and another to remember it. They think you can be a machine or something. Do in steps.. take 30 seconds for this.. remember to skip and come back to hard questions.. but won't that take longer? If you go through the section of the test, doing the easy ones first and saving the hard ones for the 'second pass'. That means you would have to finish the test and then flip back to the questions you skipped and stuff. Now, to me that seems like extra unneeded flipping.
The movie Unstoppable looks intense!
ReplyDelete