wordcount: somewhere in the 19,500's I'm not on the right computer at the moment.
wordgoal: 22,000... I'm falling behind! =o
Well, first off, I'm going to start off saying that I should've have told you what I always thought a best friend should be. I read a lot and most of my books (or tv shows) they just had that one or two best friends and I was like Wow, that is so cool! Maybe one day I'll have that. I don't if I'll ever have like the ideal friendship because maybe I'm not like that. See, I always wanted it to be like, I was just the family and I slept over a lot (although I don't really like doing that) and went over a lot so I could just be walking by and stop in just for fun. Or, someone I could talk to anything about, who'd make me feel like a better person and be a better person. lol One time I wanted a friend I could start a band with- as if! and stuff. Someone I didn't have to have an excuse to see. Who knows? Sometimes best friends need work! Maybe someday...
I might have idealism problems probably from all the books I read! Speaking of books (see how I did that? Classy, right?) I want to talk about the Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (the first book in The Infernal Devices) Why? Because I just finished it today! I loved it! It's a preseries to the Mortal Instrument trilogy that she has done (City of Bones, City of Ashes, and City of Glass). I really liked her writing so of course I had to read it (which I borrowed from my friend). Here's a somewhat long summary of the book:
When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray crosses the ocean to find her brother, her destination is England, the time is the reign of Queen Victoria, and something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Only the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons, keep order amidst the chaos.
Kidnapped by the mysterious Dark Sisters, members of a secret organization called The Pandemonium Club, Tessa soon learns that she herself is a Downworlder with a rare ability: the power to transform, at will, into another person. What's more, the Magister, the shadowy figure who runs the Club, will stop at nothing to claim Tessa's power for his own.
Friendless and hunted, Tessa takes refuge with the Shadowhunters of the London Institute, who swear to find her brother if she will use her power to help them. She soon finds herself fascinated by--and torn between--two best friends: James, whose fragile beauty hides a deadly secret, and blue-eyed Will, whose caustic wit and volatile moods keep everyone in his life at arm's length...everyone, that is, but Tessa. As their search draws them deep into the heart of an arcane plot that threatens to destroy the Shadowhunters, Tessa realizes that she may need to choose between saving her brother and helping her new friends save the world...and that love may be the most dangerous magic of all.
From the first page, I was like, hooked. The style was good and intriguing and the characters were good. So, it kind of has set me off on my own writing. Faced with something that good when every sentence you see is like perfect. They don't use the same word for the same expressions much, they move on quickly through the story, but also dally on important scenes. Sometimes there were parts describing the designs and stuff which I skipped over, but I usually do that. So is it any wonder why I'm feeling depressed? Well, I don't think depressed is the adequate word more like feeling how inadequate you are to the task ahead.
Of course, Tessa has two guys who like her. That's how books/ movies are nowadays. The girl has two admirers. That's not an everyday, well it might be, occurrence in real life so why do books/movies get to have it? Because.. they get happily ever afters. Oh well, that's how life through a book. I think that would be something nice to have. By the way, I'm really liking my subject title. I mean Clockwork Angel is really neat, too, but The Timepiece Savior has a ring to it.
good book :D I am glad you liked it as much as I did.
ReplyDeletealso, best friends (the friendship) are all different. I always wanted a super best friend, but I don't think I've even had one of those.
something that could happen over time though, so who knows what the future could hold!