Tuesday, November 2, 2010

All Soul's Day

word count: 3,359

Thwart

THWAWRT \  , verb;
1. To oppose successfully; prevent from accomplishing a purpose.
adjective:
1. Passing or lying crosswise or across; transverse.


Alfreso- outdoos, in the open air.

       Yes, two words today, although I know them both.  I figure they are good words.  I was going to go to dictionary.com to get "Alfresco" but then the word of the day was "thwart" and thwart is such a cool word that I thought I should share it with people who did not know it yet!  I figured that I would forget that I was going to do alfresco next time, so I did it now!  That's why there are two. 
      The other thing at the top?  That's my word count!  I'll probably keep it up there (I know, I keep adding on to the things I put before my blog.  Vocab now a word count what will be next?!).  It's only going to be from when I start blogging.  Hopefully by the end of the month it'll be at 50,000, but I'm a little wary of ever reaching that.  I'll probably be thwarted by my own mind.  Right now I'm going strong though =D.  I have to write around 1,667 words a day to meet the goal.  So already I've two day's worth (3,334) and I'll write more before I head off to bed hopefully!  Now, you might be wondering what it is about.  Because although it's possible to write a story without really having an idea about it, it's not a very professional way (ha, as if I can talk about being professional). 
       Okay, well my story is basically a romance sort of because the idea is very like the books I read, but without all the R rated stuff.  The basic idea is that, I love to read, so why not write a book that I would love to read?  That way I know almost exactly what I want to put in it.  The bad thing is I only want to write the good parts, the interesting ones, not the boring descriptive parts.  I'm actually really bad at describing the scenery in a non-boring way. =(  So usually I just leave it out and pretend as if it's not important =D.  I never said I was perfect!!  So, it's about a girl who is a somewhat robin hood (as in she steals stuff to redeem the wrong) in old society, but I'm not too clear on the time frame.  So I'm making it a whole new era. Yup, but I don't know what to call it.  I don't know what to call the whole 'book'/'novel' thing yet either.  This girl is caught stealing by another thief and well I don't wanna spoil the beginning since it'll probably be my best piece of work!  I might post it later, but don't count on it!  I might wait until I have all 50,000 words.  Wouldn't that be a long post?  This blog is only 472.  It should be easy to see how much longer it would be if you times it by 106!  I only have 6 pages and it's not even close to any mark.  =D
        Alright, I put it off long enough.  I went to the college and took my English placement test today.  It was kind of weird, since the times I've gone to the college I've been with my older siblings looking at their classes or for the ACT, now I was registering for myself!  =o  Just a little spooky.  I kept thinking, "I am going to go here next year."  If I had boots on, I would have been shakin' in them.  I got there right in time, only a minute to spare.  It took me around 1/2 to do all the questions, idk how many there were since on the computer it was weird.  It only showed me how many questions there was in the section I was doing.  I thought it was funny though!  At the end, it says "collect you belongings"  did you catch that?  You!  not "your"  I found that hilarious although I couldn't laugh since other people were still taking their test.  Anyway, they printed the scores out and I got a 96!  Which, in my opinion isn't that bad, I wish it would've been a 98 or something.. >.<  I bet my best friend will get a higher one, and I wonder how my older siblings did.  I'm almost afraid to ask them. lol.  Oh well. I got signed up for two online classes, but I want to drop one =D 
       I was feeling very lazy after school so I initiated a plan.  I asked my friend to come frisbee golfing with my sister and I.  She agreed to the alfresco sport.  I must say I had a fun time, even though I didn't make par once. =(  It was fun!  And a suitable exercises in my book.  I noticed this before, but I wonder if anyone else has.  Bikes (not motorcycles), but regular bikes are fueled by how much effort YOU put into them, or well like a hill.  Like, it the whole world suddenly lost its supply of gasoline and the solar power vehicles malfunctioned, you can always use a bike.  Yes, the tires need to be filled, the chain needs to be hooked on it and rust would spoil your bike, but it's basically as good as walking, but faster.  If you ever notice how when you stand on the pedals to go up a steep hill or something, and you move your legs faster and faster, it's almost as if you're running.  Has anyone made that connection yet? 
        I'm done with this blog, but I have no idea what to title it!  I want a cool one, but one that semi matches the topic.  I think the title is doomed to fail.  Oh well, who needs fancy sounding subject titles?
        Oooh, I had this for yesterday's blog, but I suppose this will work.  It's only the second day after all.  This is my second blog for November!!  I get a new month!  On the side you'll see October, and then you'll see November (yes, I know that is generally how things go, but it's just a novelty that I have more than one month of blogging now!) 

1 comment: