Saturday, December 4, 2010

Tangled: The After Post *Spoiler*

  Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the Fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine


    Tangled... I am WOW.  I LOVED IT!  It might very well be my new favorite Disney movie!  Although, isn't that how it always is?  You see a movie/listen to a song/read a book and it is instantly your new favorite?  It is funny how that happens, isn't it?  Yes, I dislike some parts and I wish there was more songs.. yada yada, but not every movie can live up to expectations (especially the ones I make...).  I love Mandy Moore btw, and the guy, Zachary Levi, has an amazing voice too! My favorite song is: I See The Light. lol I seriously get teared up (slightly- not enough to actually cry) because it is so good. =D
   The story... is just amazing!  I mean, yeah, I don't really like the "mom", she is really a creepy character.  Why would you want to stay young forever anyway? If you're hundreds of years old already, what else out there could be new and worth living for?  But at the ending, Rapunzel is going to give up her basically, will to save her true love.  And he would rather die than to let Rapunzel do that.  It's such a great story! And how he actually is willing to die (by cutting off her healing power to a shockingly fashionable bob) than to let her sacrifice herself over to 'mom' (i forget her name). 
   How would you like to live in a tower for eighteen years? (well, eightyears minus one day.. plus however she was when she was taken).  I don't know about you, but I would be really bored.  In the opening, how she sings about what she does in ONE day.  It's like WOOOW.  You would think that the walls would have already been painted over by now.  It would take me a while to get all of that done.  But I suppose she has had a lot of practice... no wonder she talks to Pascal!  Btw... Pascal is amazing.  He is so cute and wise!  I love him. =D I think the horse, Maximus, acting like a dog was a bit silly... it was alright and I know it probably thrills young views, but for teens I just think they should not have done that.
    Some things I wonder about the movie: Like.. if the magic hair and song is to keep you from aging, shouldn't that mean, whenever Rapunzel sings it, she should grow younger? Of course, maybe it is after you reach a certain age... Plus, how her tears bring healing powers, does that mean her children, too, might be magical in that way?  Rapunzel sure seemed to turn out nice considering how she grew up and who her 'mother' was.  You would think that her 'mom' would not even try to be nice (although she wasn't that nice- it was not like she had Rapunzel doing lots of chores [she just did them anyway...]) or even a bit motherly.  Example.. when they say "I love you."  "I love you more." (Rapunzel) "I love you most."  You would also think that Rapunzel as a child might have escaped the tower before- you know how children are. 
   Another thing, I love Disney and everything, but I think they're sending a mixed message here.  Like, you're supposed to "listen to your mother" but she's crazy, so it's okay to defy her by sneaking out?  And at 18, you're old enough to go off with a guy? practically a stranger all because you won't tell him where you hid his treasure?  Does love really happen in just one/two days?  You would think that any guy she met she would like, but she had to go further than that and find her other half?  Without even trying either! Lucky girl =D.  It also sends somewhat positive note: to follow your dream!  Everyone has one (some better than others).  Oh, what I would like to know is how she met Pascal, that's not really a bad thing, just a back story which I am curious about.  And about how Flynn became a notorious thief- what else he stole yada yada.  Doesn't the movie kind of remind you of Aladdin?  A streetrat (in this case Flynn) is on the run from guards and stumbles upon a princess in disguise (well, Rapunzel doesn't know she is a princess so I think that is a disguise) and they have this connection.  Both of the movies even use "crystal clear" (In a whole new world and in I see the light). 
    I love her hair, yeah I think it's too long and how she managed to move about with that dragging her down idk, but it is magical. or how it managed to remain so slick. =P I want her hair! Her day would be a fun (almost) 18th Birthday Gift.  I hope that with all the money Disney brought in they might reconsider more Disney Princess movies, because I don't know about you, but after I left that theater I wanted to go right back in (an hour or so later) and watch it again.  It's just the kind of movie you want to watch again.  I know that is one movie that I am definitely going to have to own and it'll be added onto the list of Disney movies which I watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment